During the post-commitment-trauma phase of this challenge, I read the article on NaBloPoMo survival strategies. I read about other bloggers’ panic attacks and finally, I came across a blogger who had posted a questionnaire that was posted on another blog, that had been copied from another blog, that had been discovered on a Facebook page. It’s been handed down a few times.
With my husband’s encouragement, following is the post intended for yesterday: the ice breaker.
1. What time did you get up this morning? Mr. Boggs had an itch under his collar at 5:25a. I gave up going back to sleep and got up at 5:42. I forgot to turn the alarm off – it rang at 6:05 while I was making coffee.
2. How do you like your steak? pink in the middle – is that medium or medium rare? I’m never quite sure.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? I’ve been stuck on this one awhile. It’s been so long I don’t remember (although I’m sure my husband could tell you in a heartbeat – he’s like that.)
4. What is your favorite TV show? The Good Wife as regular programming goes but I watch just about anything on H2, the Science, Military or Discovery channels.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? exactly where I am – western North Carolina.
6. What did you have for breakfast? toasted bagel topped with a half banana and peanut butter – all smashed together. I know, gross.
7. What is your favorite cuisine? I can’t narrow it down – Italian, sushi, wild game, Steak & french fries at home.
8. What foods do you dislike? Olives.
9. Favorite Place to Eat? at home mostly, or Frankie’s where our friend is the bartender, Rosebud in Chicago on East Walton, or the café down the street from my son’s apartment, and there’s a French restaurant in Atlanta that has the best chocolate mousse ever.
10. Favorite dressing? Oil and vinegar.
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? Black Jeep Wrangler – soft top, no chrome.
12. What are your favorite clothes? Running clothes, shorts & flip-flops, a pencil skirt, sweaters with 3/4 sleeves and a pretty little brooch, a well-made pair of heels – not too high, not too low.
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Jerusalem, Egypt, Iraq – there’s so much history to explore in the Middle East.
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? definitely, 1/2 full.
15. Where would you want to retire? I am retired. Some day I might like to live in the city where I could walk everywhere, but in the U.S. Being an expat didn’t seem to suit me well.
16. Favorite time of day? Morning, but after I’ve had my coffee.
17. Where were you born? Columbia, S.C.
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Golf
19. Who do you think will not tag you back? What?
20. What book are you reading right now? I’ve been working on The Day Kennedy Was Shot and The Final Days (the Watergate Story) – it’s going slow.
21. If you could learn to play an instrument you’ve never played before, what would it be? The Cello.
22. Bird watcher? Only the one that comes to my porch to have her babies. She’s very entertaining.
23. Do you have any pets? Dog, dog, dog and dog. Some day I want to have guinea – the chicken coup is already set up behind the wood shed.
24. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share? I’ll save that news for tomorrow’s post.
25. Always wear your seat belt? ALWAYS
26. Favorite Flower? tulip
27. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? I’d have to say a furniture store even though I have absolutely no more room for furniture. J.Crew would be a close second.
28. Do anything spontaneous lately? yes, I committed to the NaBloPoMo challenge (I still have to look up how to spell it).
29. Your earliest childhood memory? Getting shot while visiting Ghost Town in Maggie Valley, N.C. (I didn’t know it was a pretend shoot out. I screamed, I think I cried.)
30. What was your favorite vacation? Lake Como Italy, Africa, Washington D.C. two weeks ago,
31. What is your favorite color? green
32. Favorite smells. Lavender, garlic and the dogs after they’ve had a bath.
33. Coffee Drinker? Cappuccino – double shot every morning.